The Alberta endMS Network’s Successes
December 1, 2015
As we conclude the transition into the new brand of the Alberta MS Network, we’d like to take this time to show off examples of our successes from over years:
- Made discoveries in new concepts and new medications for MS
- Alberta leads all provinces across Canada in MS research activities (as determined by total grant funding by the MS Society of Canada)
- Increased the number of individuals working on MS projects. The network helped fund 35 medical, undergraduate and graduate students, as well as 4 pilot grants. There are over 200 members across the province who collaborate on MS research and high calibre training.
- Increased the number of academic tertiary institutions involved in MS research. We helped initiate MS research at the University of Lethbridge.
- Connected the MS clinics in Alberta to province-wide research and educational activities.
- Members have collaborated to generate new funding. This includes a $5 million team grant from Alberta Innovates - Health Solutions to research the new area of repair medicines for MS.
- Alberta MS researchers and clinicians are recognized by colleagues internationally to be contributors of pioneering discoveries and clinical results. Through the Alberta MS Network infrastructure, there are promises of more transformative collaborations and treatments to come.
Thanks to the MS Society of Canada for funding the Alberta endMS Regional Research and Training Centre!